TRM CLASSIC HITS,LLC
Equal Employment Opportunity
TRM Classic Hits, LLC operating the single station of KFLI is fully committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, or gender in all personnel actions including recruitment, evaluation, selection, promotion, compensation, training, and termination. TRM Classic Hits, LLC is also committed to a broad outreach recruitment of ethnic-minority candidates and has based our recruitment strategies to meet this goal.
In our outreach efforts we post our vacancies through colleges and adult educations centers which reach a wide variety of people of all ages, ethnicities, and backgrounds. Newspaper advertising enables us to reach an even wider group of potential employees. KFLI participates in community business expos, school events and job fairs. In addition we also use various internet on-line job listing sites and lastly we advertise on the KFLI channel.
EEO Public File Report
For the Period of February 1, 2012 through January 31, 2013
This report covers the following employment unit:
Call Sign Type of Station Location LMA
KFLI FM Des Arc, AR Yes
The following is a list of all vacancies for full time jobs during the period of February 1, 2012 through January 31, 2013:
Job Title Dates of Opening Date Filled
Sales Executive 1/17/2012 2/28/2012
Sales Executive 6/5/2012 6/22/2012
During the period of February 1, 2012 through January 31, 2013, the following recruitment sources were contacted as vacancies for full-time jobs opened. Those marked with an asterisk were organizations that requested to be contacted as job opening occurred.
Recruitment Sources Address Contact Telephone
The Daily Citizen PO Box 1379 Classifieds 501-268-8621
Searcy AR 72143
TRM Classic Hits LLC 929 Eastline RD Syble McCleskey 501-305-0977
Harding University PO Box 12243 Kay Sherman 501-279-4454
Searcy AR 72145
ASU Beebe firstname.lastname@example.org DeAira Kennemer 501-882-4434
ASU Searcy phinkle@Searcy.ASUb.edu Pam Hinkle 501-207-6203
Searcy High School 301 N Ella Carol bailey 501-268-8315
Searcy AR 72143 Julia Roddy jroddy@SearcySchool.org
Arkansas Broadcasters 2024 Ar. Valley Dr Ste 403 Angie Robinson 501-227-7564
Association Little Rock AR 72212
Lyons College 2300 Highland Vicki Webb 870-307-7227
Batesville, AR 72501
Searcy.com 908 Holmes Rd, Searcy Joanna 501-268-1771
ULAR Website Brian 501-569-3359
KFLI Website Syble McCleskey 501-305-0977
Word of Mouth Referrals
C. The following is a list of the sources for full-time jobs shown in Section A above
and the recruitment source which provided the hire for that position.
Job Title Recruitment Source
1. Sales Executive Referral
2. Sales Executive The Daily Citizen
D. During the period of February 1, 2012 through January 31, 2013 there were a total of 17 people interviewed for vacancies for full time positions. The following is a list of the total
number of interviewees referred by each recruitment source shown in Section B above.
Recruitment Source Total No. of Interviewees Full-Time Positions
For which this source
1. The Daily Citizen 5 2
2. TRM Classic Hits 0 2
3. Harding University 0 2
4. ASU Beebe 0 2
5. ASU Searcy 0 2
6. Searcy High School 0 2
7. Arkansas Broadcasters Assc. 0 2
8. Lyons College 0 2
9. Searcy.com 3 2
10. ULAR 1 2
11. KFLI 0 2
12. Word of Mouth 1 2
E. During the period of February 1, 2012 through January 31, 2013 the station employment unit engaged in the following (menu option) initiatives (provide full details, including an explanation if no such initiatives were conducted during the period involved.
Prong 3 Menu Options
1. KFLI participated in the Arkansas Broadcasters Association’s internship program by enlisting a Harding University student .The student followed a recommended curriculum during an 8 week program. This educational outreach program has been in place for several years and
we welcome students from area universities, high schools, and vocational schools who are wishing to expand their knowledge of broadcasting. (See attached hard copy for names and guidelines, public file)
2. KFLI continued an established mentoring program for part time personnel: On-air personality worked with a Cabot High School student in a one on one job shadowing environment for a period of 3 months. This program differs from intern programs in that the student shadows and studies one particular area of broadcasting and is mentored by a specific employee at the station.
3. KFLI help sponsor the “Back to School Bash” at Arkansas State University campus in Searcy, AR and Beebe AR. We attended the registration day event during which we passed out Broadcasting Career literature and intern and job application to the students. This is a great
opportunity to welcome back students and at the same time make them aware of broadcasting
internships and jobs that are available.
4. KFLI took part in a program in which the station donated part of the monies from it’s sports
coverage, proceeds were donated to the Cabot High School to be used in part for training students for sports broadcasting and to purchase broadcasting equipment.
5. KFLI took part in the Jacksonville Business Expo (May 19th) and the Searcy Regional
Business Expo (July 26th), during which Broadcasting Education literature was distributed and job applications were taken. These expos are a excellent venue to make contacts for interns
and job applicants for a market of our size in which job fairs are very limited.
6. KFLI regularly posts any job openings to the following job banks, Arkansas Broadcasters
Association , UALR career site, and searcy.com .
7. KFLI provided an extensive training program for the account executive which lasted January
through June and was instructed by a leading advertising consultant.
The purpose of this EEO report is to comply with Section 73.208 (c) of the FCC’s EEO rules. It will be placed in Public Inspection Files and posted on the station website.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Cool 104.7 is seeking a seasoned pro to fill a rare air opening. Appliants should be reliable, team-minded and ready to grow with our indepently owned classic hits station based in Searcy, AR. Duties will include hosting a popular request show, commercial production, and maintenance of our station website. Candidates must be available to work flexible afternoon and evening hours. Send aircheck and resume to Todd Scott at email@example.com or TRM Classic Hits, 929 Eastline Road, Searcy. AR 72143. EOE
929 East Line Rd. Searcy AR, 72143